OpenPlayer report 3
OpenPlayer tech meeting 20th May (on skype)#
Present: Adrian, Justin, Richard, Hamish (from beach in Crimea!)
We are delighted to welcome Justin Brister from Stoneburn as mentor for the OpenPlayer project.
1. Both Adrian and Justin made the point that testing on the liferay server is a bit of a red herring, as it should just plug in. But Richard argued that testing on liferay is essential because of the problems we have already had with implementing the rss in that environment. In any case, we need a shared environment to check stuff.
2. Adrian does not yet have liferay 6.1 running on his machine.
ACTION: Adrian to install and run liferay on local machine. Richard will do the same thing on his.
3. Adrian has not yet succeeded in logging into visionOntv's liferay development server.
ACTION: Richard will fix up Adrian with Phil, who will explain how, and share SSH details with Justin.
4. QU: Do we already have a github repository?
ACTION: Richard to talk to Phil and set one up if not.
5. Justin noted the requirements set out in the spec, and advised that Adrian should write a brief implementation plan.
ACTION: Adrian agreed to do that as word doc with screenshot. Richard will post the doc to springofcode.org
TIMEFRAME: Adrian has some time in the evening from Wednesday 23 May. So we should meet at a mutually convenient time in about a week's time. Given the problems with Adrian's home internet, perhaps we should try a face-to-face.
ACTION: Richard to check Justin's schedule.