If you are a project owner, you might want to organise a tech event to bring more people working on your project. Here is a quick how to:
- Make sure you meet the simple criteria to have your project added as a "Spring of Code" project
- Get another project owner to organise a meeting with you, that way you'll maximise your chance to get more participants
- Try to get at least 2 other fellow Spring of Coders before scheduling a date for your tech meeting
- Make sure to book a venue at least a week in advance. C4CC has lots of availability but needs a bit of lead time. Make sure the date is free on their calendar before asking. Be respectful of the venue as we'll organnise more meeting overthere! In any communication with C4CC use our reference number “OMB1_20012_SpringOfCode_C4CC”
- How to add your event to the Calendar.
- Login to the website
- Go to http://springofcode.org/events
- Click on “add new” > “calendar event”
- Add the details of your event and click “do not send reminders” (unless you want them)
- Important: Don't forget to add to the tags “updates” and “frontpage” otherwise it will not display on on the front page. If you problem with the format, check out past event format (you can view their details by clicking on “edit”).
- You can write a blog post on the site about your meetup (click "add new blog entry" on frontpage)
- You can promote on Twitter (@springofcode / hashtag #springofcode) and on our Meetup group as a Spring of Code tech event: Just click "suggest an event" with all the details.
- To save time, bring at the meeting USB sticks with all info and files needed for participants
- We would recomment using agile or mini-hackaton methods for this kind of meeting.
- Use wanted / offered skills card at social meetings to make sure people now about what your project needs
- For any question ask on the forum or come find us during a social event